Dermal fillers are gel-like substances that are injected beneath the skin to restore lost volume, smooth lines and soften creases, or enhance facial contours. More than 1 million men and women annually choose this popular facial rejuvenation treatment, which can be a cost-effective way to look younger without surgery or downtime.
The types of off-the-shelf fillers include:
- Hyaluronic acid (HA)is a naturally occurring acid in your skin. It gives your skin volume and keeps it hydrated. With age, your body stops making hyaluronic acid. Results from HA injections usually last six months to a year. Restylane® is a commonly used type of HA filler. Renveau® is an new serum to emerge.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite(CaHA) is a type of filler that consists of a substance you have in your bones. Results from these fillers typically last around a year. Healthcare providers usually use CaHA fillers for deeper wrinkles. Examples of CaHA fillers include Radiesse®.
- Polydioxanone (PDO) microsphere-based filler and skin booster. It stimulates the production of autologous collagen to help with volume, lifting, and elasticity of face and is used as a skin booster depending on the product type. Renveau® is one type of PDO Serum.
- Poly-L-lactic acid(PLLA) is a substance that helps your body create its own collagen. Healthcare providers usually use poly-L-lactic acid to smooth deep wrinkles on your face. The results can last two years or more. Types of PLLA fillers include Sculptra®.
- Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) fillers consist of collagen and very small balls that stay under your skin after your healthcare provider injects them. The balls give your skin volume and keep it firm. Bellafill® is one type of PMMA filler.
- Autologous Fat Injections (from the same person, typically using liposuction) The fat is then purified and injected into the face to help restore volume to the cheeks, temples, lower eyelids, or other areas. Fat injections require specialized training to perform safely and achieve great results, and should only be performed by an experienced, board certified cosmetic surgeon.
For temporary improvement in the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows in adults under the age of 65.
Instead of giving you the “frozen look,” Dysport temporarily treats the facial muscles in just the area you want. With Dysport, it’s the frown lines between the eyebrows that are minimized, not your expressions.
BOTOX Cosmetic is the only approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crows feet lines in adults.
Juvederm Family Fillers
Bex carries the full line of Juvederm products. Juvederm is a family of injectable hyaluronic acid dermal fillers used to provide 9 months to 18 months of correction for moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds (lines from the nose to the corners of the mouth).
- Juvederm Vollure: The newest hyaluronic acid dermal filler from Allergan, the makers of Botox Cosmetic. Designed to combat nasolabial folds and marionette lines, JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC softens moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles by adding volume to the lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth to produce subtle and long-lasting results for up to 18 months.
- Juvederm Voluma: Wrinkles and lines aren’t the only signs of aging. Over time, the cheeks flatten, and the skin may begin to sag. This is caused by a natural loss of volume in the cheek area, or what the experts call age-related midface volume loss. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
- Juvederm Volbella: JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is tailored to add subtle volume to the lips and smooth the appearance of vertical lip lines. This is the only lip filler proven to last a year.
Restylane Family Fillers
The Restylane family of products includes Restylane®, Restylane-L®, Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine, Restylane® Silk, Restylane® Refyne, and Restylane® Defyne.
Restylane® and Restylane-L® are also indicated for injection into the lips.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is for deep implantation into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds and for cheek augmentation and for the correction of age-related midface contour deficiencies.
- Restylane® Lyft with Lidocaine is also indicated for injection into the subcutaneous plane in the dorsal hand to correct volume deficit.
- Restylane® Refyne is for mid-to-deep injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
The active ingredient in KYBELLA® is synthetic deoxycholic acid. Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA® destroys fat cells, resulting in a noticeable reduction in fullness under the chin. Once destroyed, these cells can no longer store or accumulate fat, so further treatment is not expected once you reach your desired aesthetic goal.
Bellafill is a smooth, collagen-based dermal filler with polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres, a biocompatible material that has been safely used in medical implants and other devices for more than 65 years.
The collagen-gel in Bellafill provides immediate volume and lift to correct wrinkles and acne scars. Once injected, the (PMMA) microspheres stay in place and create a base that allows more of your own collagen to develop, resulting in smoother-looking skin in the long term.
The effectiveness and longevity of Bellafill has been proven to last 5 years when used to correct nasolabial folds, and it has also been FDA approved to treat acne scars.
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION